Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Scanning Old Photos

Hello Everyone!
 Recently, my Great Grandmother died. She was 96. She left many, many photos. Some are from as back as the early 1920's while some as new as this year. Recently, while my grandparents (My Dad's parents) have been in town, I have been scanning the pictures. I have been scanning them so that they will be digitized and we will (hopefully) have them forever. Also, my grandparents have them and they live in Arizona, which is an issue for those of us who like looking at them. Since Saturday, I have scanned some, 140 photos. I will share the oldest and the newest as well as a couple of my favorites in this post. Look for more periodically, as I work on scanning them all. Also, look for more posts on my Great Grandparents as I dig through all of the stuff. Thanks for reading!
My Great Grandma and her sister eating watermelon. (Note the Model T)




My Great Grandparents before they were married.
My Great Grandparents before my Great Grandpa went to war.
A Silhouette of my Great Grandma
from the 1934 World's Fair 




From Left to Right: My G. Grandma, My G.G.G. Grandma, My Grandpa,  My G.G. Grandma
My Great Grandma holding me.
My great Grandma at her 96th Birthday Party. 
JM

4 comments:

  1. I think that the picture of her eating watermelon looks like Emma eating watermelon!
    -Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing so much work to scan those Justin. I really enjoy looking at them. Grandma would too. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post, Justin. I really enjoyed the photos...and I'm not even in the family!
    *smile*.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Justin!! Loved all the pictures and will look forward to seeing more!!
    Blessings,
    Mrs V.

    ReplyDelete