Friday, May 30, 2014

Major NHD Update/ DC Trip

Hello Everyone!
 Major things have happened since I last blogged about my NHD project. A month ago I told you all that I had received an invite from the National League of POW/MIA Families to present my documentary at their national convention. (There will be around a thousand people there!) I will be able to give a two minute introduction before showing my documentary. I wrote that I knew that God wasn't finished with the film, and the the invitation was him moving. That's not all.

However, two weeks after my Mom got a call from the Pentagon. It was the Assistant Chief of Staff for the Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel. She said that a family member of a missing soldier had gotten a hold of the documentary, and had passed it to someone in the Pentagon. The documentary made its way up the chain of command all the way to Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel. Mr. Hagel, it turns out, was very impressed, and asked to meet the person who made the film. The Assistant Chief of Staff  tracked me down and called Mom. She said that Secretary Hagel wanted to meet me. She offered to give us an hour tour of the Pentagon and then said that the Secretary could meet with us for ten minutes! So, on June 16th, my family is going to get a tour of the Pentagon and meet Secretary Hagel for a few minutes! I am in shock as I write this. God has given me such an awesome opportunity. I hope that my documentary will continue to touch people as I go forward.

All that said, we will leave Omaha on Tuesday, June 2nd. We will go through Illinois and visit Abraham's home. Then, we will go through Virginia and visit numerous Revolutionary War and Civil War sites. Then we will turn south to the Carolina's. After a few days there, we will head to Washington D.C. for the POW/MIA conference, NHD and the Pentagon tour. (To any prospective burglars: We have one of my Dad's college military friend staying at our house. He's a second amendment guy. 'nuff said.)

I would like to blog our adventures as we go. So, like last year, I will do a daily update. Hopefully I will be able to incorporate some video as well. I hope that you enjoy the upcoming posts! Thanks for reading!
JM

No comments:

Post a Comment